DON’T PLAY FAVORITES!! riverside ohio dentist
Did you know that heart disease and oral health are linked? There are two different connections between heart disease and your oral health:
- Studies have shown that people with moderate or advanced periodontal (gum) disease are more likely to have heart disease than those with healthy gums.
- Oral health holds clues to overall health. Studies have shown that oral health can provide warning signs for other diseases and conditions including heart disease.
Gum disease affects 80% of American adults and often the condition goes undiagnosed. Warning signs that you may have gum disease include:
- Red, tender, or swollen gums
- Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing
- Gums that seem to be pulling away from your teeth
- Chronic bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Teeth that are loose or separating from each other
The moral of the story is this: YOU can play a major role in preventing gum disease every day!! The best way to be proactive in maintaining your oral and overall health is scheduling regular dental check-ups, getting professional cleanings, and regular BRUSHING AND FLOSSING!
riverside ohio dentist